Monday, September 17, 2012

Bonjour!

This is my attempt at starting a blog, an idea that always seems good at the time but whether it continues is a different story. I also thought it would be a grand way of writing about my current overseas voyaging experience to the wonderful land of Switzerland. My trip so far has been great and conquering my initial fear of tackling overseas airports was surprisingly easy to my disappointment. I left the wonderful city of Wellington, New Zealand on the 14th August with my first and only dramatic run for my flight as we had been held up by a lovely Chinese lady trying very hard and in painfully slow precision to explain the benefits of call cards. But I was off, and many uncomfortable hours later I arrived in Paris, thankful that my neighboring passenger on the flight had good personal hygiene, and a lack of conversation topics. 


Ahh la belle Paris. I had visited France the year before on a school trip and had been eager ever since to come back. The beautiful architecture, the pleasantly higher standard of dress sense and the blissful unawareness of lung cancer. Twas good to be back. And in the three days I spent there I took the time to wander around the city happily but determined not to look like a tourist, which resulted in a lack of photos. 
Then I took the TGV to Belfort in the south of France where I met the lovely family with which I would be staying with for four months in Switzerland in a little town called Porrentruy.



No comments:

Post a Comment